Pinpointe gives you a couple of different options in how you provide your contacts the ability to unsubscribe from your marketing emails should they so choose. To remain in compliance with all applicable email privacy laws, Pinpointe requires that you must provide a means by which your email recipients can opt out of receiving future emails from you, either in part or in whole.
The easiest way to achieve this is to include the Pinpointe-provided "Unsubscribe" link within the body of your email template, whether you are using the Drag & Drop Builder or WYSIWYG Editor to construct your emails. The examples that follow are from the perspective of the Drag & Drop Builder since that is the more commonly used tool of the two.
All of the Builder's pre-made email templates already contain the "Unsubscribe" link. You will also find that two of the Footer Basic Blocks contain the "Unsubscribe" link by default. The example below was constructed using such a block. You can find more on the use of inserted variables, including the "Unsubscribe" link, in the Knowledge Document, "Inserted Variable Values".
The Unsubscribe Form
When your email's recipient clicks the "Unsubscribe" link, a form is brought up in another browser tab. Presented below is a screen shot of the default style of the form.
1. This is the form header. You may customize the text that appears here, such as replacing with your company's name.
2. The form automatically shows the recipient's email address to ensure identification.
3. The database to which the contact (recipient) belongs and to whom you sent the campaign to. You have several options as to what will appear here.
4. An option for the recipient to unsubscribe from ALL future mailings from your Pinpointe account.
5. You may also change the color of the buttons to match your preference.
Modifying the Default Unsubscribe Form
To modify the form, click on the "Resources" tab in the main nav bar and select "Custom Unsubscribe" from the drop-down list.
You will now be on the Customize Unsubscribe Page.
Starting at the top, you can:
- Choose the form's language. The default is English.
- Customize the "Page Operation". Essentially, this is how you set what unsubscribe options your email recipients will see.
- The first checkbox will show only the "Unsubscribe from All" option. We do not recommend this as it presents your contact with an all-or-nothing choice.
- The default is the second check box, "Display Databases". This will give your contact two options: they can unsubscribe just from the database you sent this email campaign to, or they can elect to "Unsubscribe from All". The example of the form above is representative of this default format.
- "Display Lists (Customize)". This checkbox will bring up an input field where you can specify one or more contact lists that the recipient can then elect to unsubscribe from. The recipient will also still have the ability to select "Unsubscribe from All". If you use lists to help segregate your contact database (something we at Pinpointe recommend), this provides the most refined unsubscribe options for your contacts and helps preserve them as active subscribers for your other lists and databases.
- You can change the color of the buttons, such as matching them to your primary corporate color.
- Customize the header text that appears at the top of the form.
- Customize the HTML / CSS that surrounds the form. We only recommend you modify this code if you have the requisite skill and experience.
Once you have modified the form to your liking, you may click the "Preview" button to review it, then click "Save" to make your alterations permanent. You may also reset the form back to its default parameters by clicking "Reset".